A microgrid is a small energy system capable of balancing captive supply and demand resources to maintain stable service within a defined boundary. This growing independent power grid system can be disconnected from the primary system and operate autonomously, to help migrate power disruption and sustain critical systems. CAT® Microgrids combine our legendary reliability with a scalable system built to meet you needs.
Microgrids are defined by their function, not their size. and can be further described by one of five categories:
- Off-grid microgrids including islands, remote sites, and other microgrid systems not connected to a local utility network.
- Campus microgrids that are fully interconnected with a local utility grid, but can also maintain some level of service in isolation from the grid, such as during a utility outage. Typical examples serve university and corporate campuses, prisons, and military bases.
- Community microgrids that are integrated into utility networks. Such microgrids serve multiple customers or services within a community, generally to provide resilient power for vital community assets.
- District Energy microgrids that provide electricity as well as thermal energy for heating (and cooling) of multiple facilities.
- Nanogrids comprised of the smallest discrete network units with the capability to operate independently. A nanogrid can be defined as a single building or a single energy domain.
Providing clean, cost-effective electricity to keep your industries producing, communities developing and people connected, CAT® Microgrids are fully customizable and scalable to meet your power needs today and for future expansions.
Microgrid Solutions Are Designed to:
- Reduce your fuel expenses
- Decrease emissions
- Lower the cost of ownership
- Power your needs from 10kw to 100MW
Microgrids are innovative energy solutions designed to power a better world, while minimizing economic, social and environmental costs.
Reliable Power – When You Need It
CAT® microgrids for rural electrification are completely integrated and standardized renewable energy systems. Designed for reliability, repeatability, and rapid deployment, this cost-effective, single-source solution is supported and installed by Alban CAT Power Systems.
The Time is Now
You need products and support you can depend on, Alban CAT Power Systems is a leading industry specialist for industrial, commercial and community installations.