Mill out the waves. Controlling the precise cutting depth of the mill minimizes over-cutting, creates a smoother surface and reduces the need for additional material in the re-paving process.
|Download Brochure||Download Configuration Sheet||Download Info Graphic|
Using PCS900 on your milling machine provides several benefits:
A SMOOTHER BASE
- Mill at variable depth and slope to remove the existing undulations, creating a smoother surface for paving
- Trimble Hot Swap technology ensures a smooth transition between total stations, so you won’t need to re-mill out bumps
SHORTER LANE SHUTDOWNS
- Trucks can run more efficiently unhindered by stringline and stakes
REDUCED MACHINE WEAR
- By only milling to the depth required, the machine will burn less fuel and experience less teeth wear
LESS MATERIAL TO REMOVE
- Fewer trucks and cost required to remove waste material
LESS ASPHALT USAGE
- Mill off the minimum depth and use less asphalt for the final surface
PCS900 for Milling Machines uses a 3D design model, the industry-leading SPS930 Universal Total Station, and on-machine sensors to mill at a fixed or variable depth, depending on job specifications.
The 3D design is displayed to the machine operator showing areas that are on, above, or below ideal grade. Comparing the actual drum position and slope with the digital design, PCS900 automatically guides the milling drum to cut the ideal depth and slope without string lines or manual adjustments.