Posted on: August 21, 2017 9:36 am
During the Eclipse, Alban CAT recommends the following safety tips
- Do not stare directly at the Eclipse unless you have the special glasses, sunglasses no matter the polarization will not protect your eyes from harm.
- Conditions during the Eclipse will be twilight to darkness depending on your location
- If it can be avoided do not drive or operate heavy equipment during the event
- If you have to drive or operate heavy equipment, keep your sun visors down, wear sunglasses, avoid looking, and if possible driving, directly towards the Eclipse
- Avoid using your phone/mobile device to take a picture, the increased brightness of the sun will damage your lens
- To safely view the Eclipse during the event, use a non-glass surface like a car hood and watch the reflection. Or view the live stream on the NASA Live Eclipse Live Stream website
In our Territory we will experience an 80 to 85% totality, be safe, be smart and enjoy the Eclipse, the next one won’t come around until 2024.
(Visited 17 times)