Posted on: January 3, 2019 3:22 pm
Thursday, January 10 is National Cut Your Energy Costs Day! This event is a subtle but important reminder that energy efficiency is important to the future of our planet. We understand that in the business world, cutting your energy costs can be more difficult. However, Alban CAT Power Systems has two products designed with cutting costs in mind: Combined Heat & Power (CHP) and MicroGrid.
Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
Many industrial facilities such as manufacturing plants, refineries, and regional district heating plants; or commercial facilities such as resorts, shopping malls, high-rise office buildings, universities, data centers, and hospitals, can reduce operating costs by implementing a Cat® CHP system (also known as cogeneration) using clean pipeline natural gas as a fuel source. Cat gas generator sets can simultaneously provide electricity for electrical loads and heat energy for a facility’s thermal requirements. Whereas separate grid electricity and natural gas boilers often provide less than 50 percent efficiency, Cat CHP projects offer additional benefits.
What are the benefits of Cogeneration?
- Energy efficiency up to 90 percent
- Reduced energy costs versus separate heat and electrical generation systems
- Reduced emissions versus separate heat and electrical generation systems
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification via energy efficiency credits
Keep your industries producing, communities developing, and people connected. Caterpillar is at the forefront of the energy transition, integrating renewable power with smart energy storage and conventional diesel or gas fueled power generation. The Cat MicroGrid system, which contains both photovoltaic solar modules and energy storage, provides:
- Increased energy efficiency with no reliance on the grid and optimal total cost of ownership.
- Efficient power that can be produced where and when it’s needed without transmission lines and transformer losses.
- High performance, scalable system designed and built using standardized building blocks that are easy and quick to install even in challenging environments.
Want to learn more? Click on the links below to be directed to the CHP & MicroGrid webpages for complete details or fill out the contact form at the end of the page to be contacted by an Alban CAT Power Systems representative to answer all your questions.
For More Information Call 888-492-6337