Posted on: February 2, 2018 10:00 am
Are You Power Outage Ready?
February in Alban’s territory tends to be a snowy one. Are you power outage ready? Don’t leave it to chance. If you have a home standby generator set, be prepared with generator maintenance solutions from Alban CAT.
We know that a lot of customers have installed home standby generator sets at their house, so we’ve compiled a list of a few tips to keeping your standby generator set up and running.
- Read Your Owner’s Manual – the most important maintenance tip we can offer a customer is to read your owner’s manual. Each manual is specific to your exact model of standby generator which allows you to get the most detailed information about your generator set. Inside the owner’s manual will be the maintenance schedule that will allow for the best operation and performance for your specific unit.
- Run A Weekly Test On Your Generator – a home standby generator should run a brief self-test once a week to ensure that everything is still working properly. Without testing your system, you won’t know if it’s ready for use during a power outage.
- Regular Oil Changes & Spark Plug Changes – you wouldn’t drive your car without getting routine oil changes. Standby generator sets need to follow the same set of rules. Be sure to check your owner’s manual to see how often they recommend oil changes for your generator set. Most units should be serviced every 12 to 24 months or after every 200 hours of use. To perform an oil change on your generator set, empty the old oil and replace it with the recommended amount of oil for your unit. While replacing the oil, make sure to replace the dirty oil filter and spark plugs (gas units only) with new ones.
If at-home maintenance seems like a large task, let Alban handle it for you. With a fleet of state-of-the-art trucks, factory trained technicians, comprehensive maintenance & 24-hour emergency service all at a competitive price, Alban CAT can make sure that your generator will be there when you need it. Alban offers the following support services:
- Inspection, oil and filter changes
- Load bank testing
- Transfer switch (ATS) maintenance
- Remote monitoring systems
- Rental gensets available
- Technology upgrades to bring older components into the modern age
- Replace your older genset with new
Alban can service all makes and models, so call us at 866-99-ENGINE (993-6446) or fill out the contact information below to have someone contact you.