Posted on: May 31, 2018 3:31 pm
Many people wonder what a skid steer is used for — but the real question is: What can’t you use it for?
Skid steer loaders from Alban CAT are one of the most valuable pieces of equipment to have in your fleet because of their versatility and maneuverability, especially when you implement different attachments. Our experts are here to help you find the right Cat® model for your task. We will determine what you need based on the following:
- Size of the site
- Lifting or dumping height
- Hydraulic capacity
- A smooth surface or rough terrain
- Type of work like demolishing, lifting or drilling
What Is a Skid Steer?
A skid steer is a compact machine that can access tight areas where large equipment can’t reach. Accompanied with different characteristics, the machines are ideal for a range of jobs to accommodate dozens of industries. Their excellent maneuverability means the skid steer can turn on its tracks, and by adding various attachment options, you can increase the machine’s adaptability.
- Small: Smaller skid steer loaders from Alban are ideal for building development, landscaping, interior demolition and underground construction. Being compact allows the equipment to rotate in tight spaces and reach through narrow passages.
- Medium: Using a medium-sized skid steer means it can support applications and attachments of all kinds because of its excellent engine power, hydraulics and balance. The machine can provide a bit more muscle than a smaller one but still fits into confined spaces.
- Large: Heavy-duty skid steer loaders are perfect for more significant jobs like excavating, grading, roadbuilding and heavy lifting. The engines can lift pallets of brick, unload dirt, and support road construction and forestry cutting with attachments.
What Can I Do With a Skid Steer?
When you invest in a skid steer from Alban, you can put it to any task and reap astounding advantages. It can support industries such as construction, landscaping and mining, but is also available for the average homeowner seeking to perform DIY projects. When using your machine for various tasks and jobsites, you should always consider the appropriate size for your project.
For example, you will need a large skid steer loader for milling an asphalt road and a smaller one for backyard operations. The engines have rated operating capacities ranging from 1,251 pounds up to about 2,700 pounds. As ROC increases so does the horsepower, and we are here to help you decide which is best.
Skid steer applications include, but are not limited to:
- Brush clearing
- Road maintenance
- Snow removal
Why Choose a Cat Skid Steer?
Skid steer uses go above and beyond your expectations, but when you rely on Caterpillar® equipment, you will experience reliable, durable, fuel-efficient and high-performing engines. Compared to competitor brands, Cat tests its machines to withstand harsh environments and tasks that place an extreme level of stress on vital parts. Cat upgrades its equipment, components and parts to assure you receive every benefit from its advanced technology systems.
Buy or Rent a Cat Skid Steer With Alban Cat
While our headquarters location is in Maryland, Alban Cat delivers comprehensive solutions to industries throughout West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware and Washington, D.C. If you are looking to augment the productivity of your business, you can contact one of our 19 locations for easy access. We have an extensive selection of new, used and rental skid steer options as well as tools, attachments and parts.
Stop by one of our dealerships, call us at 888-492-6337 or use the contact form below to speak with an Alban representative. You can also explore our new Cat skid steers, used equipment or rental solutions.