While the origins of the bulldozer (track-type tractor) date back to the late 19th century, Caterpillar® perfected the design of this indispensable construction machine. Caterpillar has remained at the forefront of bulldozer innovation for more than 90 years. The company continues to produce high-quality bulldozers in a wide range of sizes and configurations, including the line of D3, D4 and D5 small dozers that blend excellent maneuverability with deceptive power.
As a respected Cat® equipment dealer serving Maryland and other portions of the Mid-Atlantic region since 1927, Alban Cat is your one-stop source for a brand-new small dozer from the global heavy equipment leader. The Alban CAT D3, D4, and D5 Small Dozers are ideal for smaller job sites and working in tight spaces, such as residential, lot clearing, road work and even final grade work in landscaping or driveway construction. They combine excellent versatility with power-dense drivetrains that give excellent performance for their size.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Small Dozer?
Choosing a larger dozer than you need can actually slow you down, as you’re constantly struggling to maneuver in tight areas. A small Cat® Dozer is the best way to work faster and still push heavy loads, thanks to intelligent design and engineering based on decades of Cat experience. The Cat Track-Type Tractor Small Dozer is optimized for speedy transportability, maneuverability, delivering superior performance and comfort, increasing productivity, while reducing your operating costs.
Key Small Dozer Features
- Comfortable Cab – spacious cab and air suspension seat keeps the operator comfortable increasing run time
- Seat-Mounted Controls – ergonimaclly designed controls reduce operator fatigue
- SystemOne™ Undercarriage – dramatic reduction in undercarriage maintenance increasing operating lifespan
- AccueGrade™ System – grade control systems improve accuracy
- Servicability – easy access panels allow for quicker maintainence keeping your machine on the job
- Slope Assist – innovative grade control feature automates the position of blade mainfall and cross slope at the desired level
- Traction Control – track slippage and undercarriage wear and tear is minimized, reducing machine operating and ownership costs
- Heated and Ventilated Seat – increase operator comfort when working in extremely cold or hot environments
Your CAT Small Dozer can be fitted with a variety of CAT Work Tools. When you combine the power and performance of a new small Cat Dozer for sale with our wide range of tools, you can match your equipment to the job and save time and money. Instead of having to switch between a bunch of different machines, you can simply switch back and forth between our different attachments and features and use your dozer for many different tasks:
- VPAT Blade – 6-way blade allows for adjustable angle, tilt and pitch
- Forestry Blade – with additional blade guards to protect the operator and tractor from debris
- 360 Degree Guarding – for added cab protection
- Heavy Duty Rear Guard – increase dozer protection
- Parallelgram Ripper – an aggressive ripper with parrallel linking for better penetration and maneuverability in tight areas
- Hydrostatic Winch – excellent line pull and variable drum speed
Not sure which attachments work best with your dozer? Our trained Cat equipment specialists can help you choose the right attachments for your machine and application. We can also provide guidance for executing a smooth, seamless tool attachment if needed.
You’ll Also Find a Large Selection of Used Small Dozers for Sale
At Alban Cat, we understand that a new dozer won’t fit every company’s budget. If you need to economize on small landscaping or residential dozers, we encourage you to check out our excellent selection of high-quality used machines.
Our selection can include everything from late model, low-hour units with many of the advanced Caterpillar features, as well as older dozers that offer excellent value for your money. We feature Cat Certified used dozers that have undergone a rigorous 140-point inspection to ensure they meet the high Caterpillar quality standards. You may also find hard-working dozers for landscaping and construction from leading Allied manufacturers.
Rent a Small Dozer From Alban Rents
If you’re looking for a small dozer for rent, look no further than Alban Rents, our fully stocked equipment rental store. You can rent late-model machines by the day, week, month or longer.
While many of our customers rent small dozers to meet the demands of a special project or to temporarily replace a broken-down machine, it’s also a great way to “experiment” with a newer model as part of the buyer evaluation process. And we make renting small dozers a fast and easy process. Our equipment rental staff is committed to helping you find the right dozer as quickly as possible, so you can keep your projects on schedule.
Comprehensive Small Dozer Service
You can count on Alban Cat to keep your dozer up and running. We carry a complete selection of replacement parts for all Cat dozer models. We also offer cost-effective preventive maintenance programs and fast, reliable repair service. Our in-shop service capabilities include more than 70 work bays across our operating territory.
Contact Us to Explore Your Small Dozer Options
We invite you to contact us today and let our Alban CAT experts help you find the right equipment for your project. We have over 89 years of experience, and we can tell you all you need to know about our Cat Dozers for sale in and around Maryland. Give us a call or visit one of our many locations and discover how Small Cat Dozers can be the perfect addition to your lineup of performance work equipment.