CAT® medium-size Dozers deliver power, response and control that result in higher productivity and lower cost-per-yard. The Caterpillar Track-Type Tractor Dozers are built to deliver optimal performance in a wide range of conditions and applications.
The decision you make before putting a Dozer on the job site can have a profound effect on efficiency, the CAT® medium-size Dozers straddle the line between big iron performance and the smaller machines maneuverability in tight job-sites, offering more flexibility to get the job done right.
With adjustable ergonomic controls, exceptional visibility and modular components that help simplify maintenance and reduces downtime. CAT® Medium Dozers are a durable piece of construction equipment with power to tackle any job site.
- CAT® ACERT diesel engines meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards
- Air Ride Cab for increased operator comfort
- Factory-integrated grade control systems for superior accuracy and efficiency
- Real-time fleet monitoring, management and analysis through Product Link™/VisionLink®
- All-new traction control systems for reduced slipping and wear and tear on the undercarriage
- Easier access to major components along with ground-level entry to battery disconnect, engine shutdown and light switches
CAT Technologyclick to learn more
Caterpiller offers technology that help CAT® Track-Type Tractors work more efficiently with more productivity.
- CAT® Grade Control – A factory integrated system that provides automatic grade control assistance to the Operator
- AccuGrade – Optional blade mounted sensors that assist in grade control
- CAES – This system delivers real-time elevation, grade and compaction information on an in-cab display
- AutoCarry – Assists the Operator to optimize ground power which the Dozer is carrying material over changing ground conditions
- Auto Ripper Control – Automatically adjusts the ripper height and engine speed, allowing the Operator to focus on steering
- Auto Blade Assist (ABA) – Available on dual-tilt machines, ABA automates the blade pitch and lift.
Work Toolsclick to learn more
Blades, rippers and other CAT® Work Tools can be customized to a specific application and readily changed to meet the job needs.
- Straight Blade – Handle a wider range of materials and are more aggressive in penetrating and obtaining blade load
- Universal Blade – The large wings of this blade make it very efficient at moving larges loads over a long distance.
- Semi-Universal Blade – combines the elements from universal and straight blades with improved load retention and able to penetrate tightly packed material
- Variable Pitch Power Angle Tilt (VPAT) – versatility is the key feature of VPAT blades, lift, lower, angle and tilt are controlled with on lever
Special Application Blades
- Variable Radius Semi-U – the U-Blade characteristics of load retention and reduced side spill, and are excellent tools for land improvement, soil and reclamation
- Angle (A) – can be positions straight or angled at 25 degrees to either side for side casting, pioneering roads, back-filling, cutting ditches and other similar tasks
- Cushion (CU) – designed for on-the-go push loadings, rubber cushions allow the Dozer to absorb impacts of contacting a scraper push block.
- Light Universal – enables high volume movement of light non-cohesive materials such as coal and wood-chips
- Landfill – Designed to handle refuse and cover material, while protecting the Dozer and Operator from damage
CAT® offers a wide range of Dozer tools for specialized applications, including:
- Wood-chip Blade – large capacity blade that increases productivity while pushing lightweight materials
- Cable Plow – mounted to the rear of the Tractor, they allow high production below-grade installation of copper and fiber optic cables
- Log Arch – winch mounted to two log bundles off the ground
- Street pads – rubber or polyurethane street pads allow Track-Type Tractors to travel on paved surfaces
- Fireline Plow – towed behind a Tractor to create firebreaks to help suppress the spread of wildfires
- Blade Rake – often called a root rake, allows the operator to rip tree roots
- Sideboom – allows the Tractor to do double-duty as a light pipe-layer
- Slopeboard – mount to the side of a Dozer blade to grade sloping surfaces
- Foldable VPAT Blade – a very versatile blade that is ideal where transportation width is a concern
- V-Blade – heady-duty clearing blade with sharp cutting edges for vegetation clearing
- Coal-blade – a large capacity blade for enhanced dozing of stockpiled coal applications
Rear Implementsclick to learn more
Rippers often get more use on some jobs than the blade itself. Rear implements like rippers or winches add additional versatility to your Dozer. CAT® Track-Type Tractors are balanced to maximize productivity with the use of rear implements and when not fitted a counterweight is recommended to balance the machine.
- Multi-Shank Parallelogram Linkage Ripper – these multi-shank rippers are especially useful for covering a wide area and the number of shanks can be varied to match material conditions
- Multi-Shank Ripper with Hydraulically Variable Angle – this arrangement allows the operator to adjust the angel or the ripper to march material conditions
- Single-Shank Ripper with Hydraulically Variable Angle – single shank rippers are designed for tough ripping applications were the Dozer will be spending 20 percent or more of its time ripping in hard ground conditions
- Reverse Rippers – allows for material ripping while the tractor is reversing to prepare for the next pass
Special Rear Implements & Attachments
- Winches – Hydro-static or mechanical driven winches mount to the rear of the Dozer and provide towing and recovery capability
- Counterweight – With no rear attachment your Dozer needs to be balanced for optimal performance
Protection Accessoriesclick to learn more
In addition to blades, implements and counterweights, CAT® Dozers may be outfitted with a range of accessories that provide additional protection.
- Sweeps – Are used in a Forestry application to provide additional guarding to protect the Dozer and Operator from debris
- Screens – Additional protection for the Operator for land clearing or if the Tractor is using a winch
- Bottom Guards – Protect the underside of the Tractor from dirt, rocks and debris, front guards also include a pull hook for machine retrieval
- Transmission Guards – Protects the transmission housing in rocky conditions, usually installed in conjunction with a ripper or winch